Sunday 12 January 2014

Updating Firefox OS on ZTE Open


I bought an ZTE Open recently on e-bay and it came with Firefox OS version 1.0, which is pretty old. In December, ZTE released official update for the phone.

To update the OS, you'll need an SD Card and also don't forget to check which version of the OS you're using (US or UK). More details (and screenshots) can be found on Mozilla Hacks.

One strange thing I noticed after the upgrade is that I get notification about new version of the marketplace, and when I try to update it, the installation always fails. My guess is that this may be related to running the phone without SIM card.

I'm looking forward to create my first Firefox OS app. Unfortunately the device still cannot be used for testing with this OS build, so I guess I'll have to use the emulator.

Note that you can always prepare your own build following this great tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment